Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 Days Till Geekmas Epic Gift Ideas

I am a comic book geek. That should come as no surprise to anyone. But I didn't always collect comic books for the art or the story. I mainly collected them because, hell, my brother collected them so it was just something I thought I should do too. That was until I came across Todd McFarlane's Spawn.

The story of the ultimate anti-hero from hell who uses his living cloak, chains, and spikes to defeat his enemies won me over as a convert to the comic culture. From there I got into Batman more, read The Mask (Yes, it was a comic book before it was a movie.), Venom, and others.

So I was stoked to find out that the katz over at Image Comics were coming out with a Spawn Deluxe Hardcover Edition.

The Deluxe Edition contains classic artwork and story lines from Todd McFarlane himself as well as other collaborators such as Alan Moore, Neil Gaimen, Tony Daniel, and Greg Capullo. It is also during these issues in which we are introduced to some of the most diabolical and down right ruthless comic book villains of the comic universe such as Violator, Redeemer, Curse, and Overtkill.

The Hardcover Deluxe Edition comes with a slip case, 25 previously sold out hardcover issues which includes color and black and white cover galleries, never-before-seen bonus art, and a 6 issue trade paperback.

This is a mantel piece which all Spawn fanatics must own and, as soon as my account recovers from Christmas, I'll be placing my order.

The list price is $150 bucks but you can pick it up on Amazon right now for $94.50.

To check it out go to http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13717

No comments:

Post a Comment