Friday, December 17, 2010

Sackless Spineless Twats

I obviously have very strong sentiments about the GOP being that I have largely been in opposition to them my whole political life. (P.S. I still hate George Bush.) Never-the-less I have many dear friends with a conservative lean and I know that, though I may not agree on a lot of their politics, I see that they believe many of these things because they honestly feel it is what is best for the country.

So it baffles me when Republicans in Congress continue to block a measure that would help supply health care benefits to September 11th first responders. 911 FIRST RESPONDERS!!!!! I mean, am I taking crazy pills?!?

How the HELL can anyone justify BLOCKING a measure that would help the very people who rushed in AS HEROES into the flaming wreckage and the aftermath misery of the 911 terror attacks? They say it's a blanket rejection. They say they won't pass anything until the Bush Tax Cuts are extended. THIS ISN'T A FUCKIN GAME!!! The very people who Republicans used as poster children to spread their Orwellian national security policies, the very people who Republicans used to justify invasion, the very people who George "I'm gonna fuck ya" Bush splattered all over our television screens during the 2004 Presidential election are the very people who now that the GOP can't misuse so they are going to toss them to the curb!!!

This is how we treat our heroes in America? This is how we treat those who sprang into action while our government was sitting on their hands? This is how we treat those who risked EVERYTHING while the parties whipped out their political score cards to see what kind of political damage control they were going to need to do?

It makes me so angry that I don't have a word for it. Fucktardedsauce! That's what this is. Fucktardedsauce. Doesn't make sense? Well neither does blocking a bill for 911 First Responders!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES!!! If ever there was a time to call your representatives it is now. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that if you don't call your representatives on this issue you are a lazy piece of shit. That's all there is too it. Go to http://www.contactingthecongress.org/ and type in your zip code, put in your state, get the phone number, and tell those swines on the hill that if 2010 ends with no relief for 911 First Responders then we will clean house.

Remember the days when you could pull over to the side of the road to help a fellow citizen? The days when a guy who used CPR on someone who was choking didn't have to worry about a lawsuit afterwords? Well allowing our heroes to suffer creates a world where Americans are too afraid to be good people. Imagine a world where no one ran into those buildings. Thank god we don't live in that world. So let's take care of our heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment